The use of RAID-arrays of drives lies in the achievement and integration of three goals: speed, capacity, fault tolerance. To achieve these goals, various types of RAID configurations have been created that allow the failure of one or more disks.
Following development, the growing complexity and parity algorithms, resulting in a significant increase in the complexity of data recovery in case of failure of the array. Also, it is important to note that the arrays are built not only on SATA disks, but also on SAS and SCSI, which require special equipment for work.
If you lose data in a RAID drive
As always, the success of data recovery largely depends on the user or administrator of storage. It is necessary:
- Turn off the failed RAID device.
- At best, pack the whole server or PC where the RAID array was used and send it to us, but if this is not possible – mark the order of inclusion of the disks in the motherboard or backplane starting from 0.
- Write out the model of the RAID controller, indicate the type of the array used.
- Conduct an analysis and try to find out, approximately, the possible cause of the failure of the array.
- Required information about the file systems on the array.
RAID RAID Problems
Recovering data from RAID arrays is the most capacious area of the information recovery sphere, since it involves first recovering the failed disk, and then the hardware configuration of the array.
Hardware RAID problems
In the case of hardware problems, the organization of the array itself is destroyed. The reasons can be mass: the failure of individual disks, controller problems or the administrator’s mistaken actions. In the case of disk malfunctions, information is first duplicated from working drives, and then data is recovered from the failed disk. Next, the configuration of the array is collected by software methods and, in fact, the data is copied.
Prices. The cost of data recovery in RAID arrays
Diagnosis is free! Payment is made only upon receipt of data.
The cost of recovering an array does not include the cost of repairing faulty disks.
Мы понимаем, насколько важны Вам ваши данные и ставим восстановление массивов в приоритет по умолчанию. В некоторых случаях окончательная стоимость обсуждается отдельно.
We understand how important your data is to you and put the recovery of arrays in priority by default. In some cases, the final cost is discussed separately.
- Any amount of participants of arrays